We pray that each of you are well and are closing off this year with Praise and Thanksgiving to our Father in Heaven! We have been thinking about this year and have seen His Faithfulness! As we think ahead to 2020, we look forward to what God has for us! We believe God for a time of connection with family and friends, as we will be on furlough next year and look forward with great expectation for our future as we follow our Savior!
As we celebrate the birth of Jesus, we are in awe of what He has already done for us and what He continues to do! In 2019, we praise Him for everything: “For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given.” Isaiah 9:6
1) For what He has done and the free gift of Salvation and eternal life that we have in Him alone
2) For our family and friends – Sarah’s adoption – huge for this year!!!
3) For the privilege to serve here in Uganda since 2012
4) For prayer and financial partners who allow us to be here
5) For our Missionary Board in the USA and Holland who encourage and pray for us, and provide spiritual and financial support
6) For health and strength
7) So thankful to be a part of the Island ministry and the Bible Training School on Lingeria and Namiti Islands
8) For the 3 village Bible Training Institutes with students who are hungry for God’s Word
9) For a car to reach these villages every week
10) For the Saturday morning missionary women’s Bible study
11) For continued homeschooling of the kids/weekly homeschool group
This is only the beginning! But for THIS we say, THANK YOU FATHER IN HEAVEN!
Finally, a few testimonies to close off the year!
“For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword piercing even to the division of soul and spirit and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
The students on the islands had a session on Biblical Integrity and these were the testimonies the month after the class:
1) I was mixing the milk I sell with ½ water. I stopped and now sell milk only and I now have more customers. The people say I have the best milk around.
2) In the culture here, it is common for a husband and wife to keep everything concerning finances separate. One student returned and said that he and his wife now share their finances and they have more trust in their relationship.
3) I was cheating my customers with the weighing scales that I was using. I stopped and now I am getting more business.
We praise Him for His Word changes hearts and brings forth truth.